Brett Young has revealed that his sophomore album, Ticket To L.A., will be released on Dec. 7. The highly anticipated project finds the singer working with producer Dann Huff, executive producer Jimmy Harnen and engineer/mixer Justin Niebank. Additionally, the California native co-wrote 10 of the album's 13 tracks.
“It’s been four-and-a-half years that I’ve been in Nashville,” says Brett in a statement. “A lot has happened, the first record has been really good to me and I’m really, really proud of it. But just having a new batch of songs – it’s like breathing new life almost.”
The singer's new album will be a slight departure from his well-known ballads as he promises a mix of "SoCal charisma with Music City soul" and quicker tempos.
“I decided to name the album Ticket To L.A. because flying home to Los Angeles has become such a big part of my life,” he explains. “A lot of the first record reflected a kind of hard point in my life when I was moving from Los Angeles to Nashville, but I’m in a completely different place now. I’m so happy, and I think you can really hear that shift on the new record."
Ticket To L.A. follows Brett's 2017 self-titled release. The debut album amassed four No. 1 singles including "Sleep Without You," "In Case You Didn't Know," "Like I Loved You" and "Mercy."
Brett Young's Ticket To L.A. Track Listing:
1. "Ticket To L.A." Written by Brett Young, Zach Crowell, Jon Nite
2. "Here Tonight" Written by Brett Young, Ben Caver, Justin Ebach, Charles Kelley
3. “Catch” Written by Brett Young, Ross Copperman, Ashley Gorley
4. "1, 2, 3 – Mississippi” Written by Brett Young, Justin Ebach, Jon Nite
5. "Let It Be Mine” Written by Ross Copperman, Shane McAnally, Jon Nite
6. "Where You Want Me” Written by Brett Young, Jessie Jo Dillon, Shane McAnally
7. "Used To Missin’ You” Written by Brett Young, Jon Nite, Jimmy Robbins
8. "Change Your Name” Written by Ross Copperman, Matt Jenkins, Jon Nite
9. “Chapters" (Feat. Gavin DeGraw) Written by Brett Young, Ross Copperman, Gavin DeGraw
10. "The Ship And The Bottle” Written by Nicolle Galyon, Chase McGill, Jon Nite
11. "Reason To Stay” Written by Brett Young, Jon Nite, Jimmy Robbins, Emily Warren
12. "Runnin’ Away From Home” Written by Brett Young, Zach Crowell, Hillary Lindsey
13. "Don’t Wanna Write This Song” Written by Brett Young, Zach Crowell, Sean McConnell
Copyright © 2018, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.