The Elberton City Council will meet this afternoon (9-14) at 5:30 in Council Chambers at City Hall.
Items on the Agenda include:
Presentation of the Financial Report
Gary Jones of the Elberton Star Newspaper to speak to Council with regard to the county-wide digital radio system and rationale for closing off newspaper’s access to a radio.
Consideration of adopting a Resolution of Sympathy of Mr. Tom
Evans, Sr., Past-Chairman of the Elberton Sister City Program.
1. Acceptance of the Millage Rate Certification for tax year 2017.
2. Authorization to issue a public assembly permit to close the square on
Saturday, November 4 for the Granite City Fall Festival as requested by
Main Street Elberton.
3. Authorization to issue a public assembly permit to close various streets
on September 28, 2017 for the Homecoming Parade as required by
4. Authorization to issue a public assembly permit to close various streets
on December 3, 2017 for the Annual Christmas Parade as request by the
Elbert County Chamber of Commerce.
Matters will then be presented by City Manager Lanier Dunn
1. Report of Expenditures reportable under Sec. 2-173 and Sec. 2-177.
2. Monthly reports on activities of various departments.
3. Any other matters to be presented by the City Manager.
Matters will then be presented by the City Attorney