(ORLANDO, Fla.) -- Orlando Health announced on Twitter Tuesday that the last surviving victim of the Pulse nightclub massacre -- in which 49 people were killed -- had been discharged from the hospital.
But the family of the patient told ABC News ORMC's claims were not true. They said he was still at ORMC with no set date to leave and needed more surgery.
The patient had remained at the hospital since the June 12 shooting. A total of 76 surgeries were performed on 35 shooting victims at the Orlando Regional Medical Center, according to Orlando Health.
The hospital said its "hearts and prayers" are with the shooting victims and their families.
As of today, Orlando Regional Medical Center reports that all 35 Pulse victims who were patients at ORMC have been discharged. (1/3)— Orlando Health (@orlandohealth) September 6, 2016
Additional information is unavailable. Since the incident, surgeons performed 76 operations on the victims. (2/3)— Orlando Health (@orlandohealth) September 6, 2016
Our hearts and prayers are with the PULSE nightclub victims and their families as we continue to stand in support of our community. (3/3)— Orlando Health (@orlandohealth) September 6, 2016
Forty-nine people were killed in the shooting at Pulse nightclub, one of Orlando's most popular LGBT venues.
Copyright © 2016, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.