Florida Woman Allegedly Chases Convicted Voyeur Out of Target Store

Target(YULEE, Fla.) — A Florida woman turned the tables on man with a prior conviction for preying on women in public places, catching an alleged encounter on camera.

Candice Spivey says the man, whom police identified as Jeffery Polizzi, had approached her two years ago, asking her what she described as inappropriate questions. But Spivey recognized the man this time, quickly thinking to record a video on her phone as she chased the suspect out of a Target store.

“Do you remember running into me in the grocery store?” Spivey of Yulee, Florida, asks Polizzi in the video.

“Call the cops,” she shouts as the man begins to run away from her.

Spivey was shopping in the bikini section of her local Target April 26 when she says Polizzi approached her.

“You want to make sure it’s not too sheer or clear,” the man can be heard saying in the video.

She claims the same man harassed her two years ago inside a Publix supermarket as he was secretly filming their encounter.

But she said her reaction was different this time.

“I wanted an identification on who he was so I could put this out there,” Spivey said of her video.

Spivey posted the video to her Facebook page, where it now has a whopping 1.6 million views, with dozens of women saying Polizzi, 31, did the same thing to them.

Police eventually caught Polizzi, charging him with reckless driving after he allegedly fled the scene. It's unclear whether he has entered a plea or has a lawyer. Polizzi has not responded to ABC News’ request for comment.

It’s not the first time he has been accused of inappropriate retail encounters. Polizzi was previously convicted of “taking photographs of women in dressing rooms” in 2009, according to court documents.

Spivey says she has no regrets about her actions.

“If that is what you have to do to be safe and protect yourself, you do what you got to do,” she said.

The Nassau County Sheriff’s Office is asking anyone who has had suspicious encounters with Polizzi to come forward.

Copyright © 2016, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Check Also

Officials break ground on new park honoring the youngest victim of the Boston Marathon bombing

Officials break ground on new park honoring the youngest victim of the Boston Marathon bombingSeanPavonePhoto/iStock/Thinkstock(BOSTON) -- Officials broke ground in Boston Wednesday for a new park dedicated to Martin Richard, the youngest victim of the 2013 Boston Marathon bombing.

Martin was 8 years old when he killed on April 15, 2013, as he watched the marathon from near the finish line with his family. His mother was gravely injured, and his sister, who was 7 at the time,
lost a leg.

Photos from Wednesday's ceremonial groundbreaking show children in hard hats using shovels to dig dirt. Martin's Park, located next to the Boston Children's Museum at the Smith Family Waterfront,
is expected to open in the fall of 2018, according to a press release from the office of Massachusetts Gov. Charlie Baker.

"This park will bring light & hope to that darkness, honoring his memory & allowing kids to be kids," Baker wrote on Twitter.

#MartinRichard lost his life to terror. This park will bring light & hope to that darkness, honoring his memory & allowing kids to be kids. pic.twitter.com/lYUTMyZNxV

— Charlie Baker (@MassGovernor) August 16, 2017

Boston Mayor Marty Walsh wrote on Twitter that the park will remind its visitors of "hope, compassion & love."

"Martin's spirit will always live on in Boston & in Martin's Park," Walsh wrote.

This park reminds us of hope, compassion & love a young boy taught us all. Martin's spirit will always live on in Boston & in Martin's Park. pic.twitter.com/w6Plokx6D7

— Mayor Marty Walsh (@marty_walsh) August 16, 2017

Both Baker and Walsh spoke at the groundbreaking ceremony, as well as Martin's family.

Martin's sister, Jane Richard, said she knows that her brother is happy that the community is coming together.

Copyright © 2017, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.