The Elberton City Council Met thursday afternoon at 5:30 in Council Chambers at City Hall.
Items on the Agenda included
Presentation of the Financial Report
The City of Elberton General fund showed assets of $40,311.691 with a total increase of $15,117.74 in Positive Cash for the Month of July.
The City also has investment reserves (restricted and un-restricted) that total $13,413.994.94.
Gary Jones of the Elberton Star Newspaper spoke to Council with regard to the county-wide digital radio system and rationale for closing off newspaper’s access to a radio. No action was taken
The Council adopted and presented a Resolution of Sympathy of Mr. Tom
Evans, Sr., Past-Chairman of the Elberton Sister City Program.
1. Acceptance of the Millage Rate Certification for tax year 2017.
2. Authorization to issue a public assembly permit to close the square on
Saturday, November 4 for the Granite City Fall Festival as requested by
Main Street Elberton.
3. Authorization to issue a public assembly permit to close various streets
on September 28, 2017 for the Homecoming Parade as required by
4. Authorization to issue a public assembly permit to close various streets
on December 3, 2017 for the Annual Christmas Parade as request by the
Elbert County Chamber of Commerce.
The Consent agenda was accepted unamiously
Matters were then presented by City Manager Lanier Dunn
1. Report of Expenditures reportable under Sec. 2-173 and Sec. 2-177.
2. Monthly reports on activities of various departments.
3. Dunn also reported on the good efforts of City Employees work doing the recent storm and also reported cleanup is going well but would take some time.
The City Attorney then gave a report on all dilapidated properties and their status.